It’s no secret that sugar is really bad for our health and creates disease within the body.
Even on the low-end of risk, indulging in sweet treats such as cakes or thanks to ‘hidden sugars’ in products like low-fat yogurts, excess sugar consumption can cause weight gain, energy crashes, and even wrinkles.
If you can’t get going in the morning without a sugary coffee, need a treat to boost your energy in the afternoon and have tried and failed to cut down on eating carbs, then you could be a sugar addict.
Sugar Detox Menu for 7 Days
*Use organic foods whenever possible.
- Breakfast: Cheesy Spinach Baked Eggs
- Mid Morning Snack: Tamari Almonds
- Lunch: Low Carb Cheesy Sweet Pepper Poppers, mixed green salad
- Afternoon Snack: 3 hard boiled eggs, yolks removed if desired
- Dinner: Baked Stuffed Chicken & Spinach, Cucumber Tomato Feta salad
- Snack if needed:1/4 cup part skim, low-fat ricotta cheese, 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract, a few drops vanilla stevia
- Breakfast: Sun-dried Tomato Feta Frittata
- Mid Morning Snack: leftover Tamari almonds
- Lunch: Left Over Chicken & Spinach & pepper poppers
- Afternoon Snack: Raw Veggies with Spinach Dip
- Dinner: Asian Turkey Lettuce Cups (minus honey hoisin sauce), sauteed spinach, mushrooms, peppers
- Snack if needed: 1 cheese stic